Qatar is pursuing efforts to develop its investment environment to achieve the maximum benefits for foreign and local investors, and to bolster economic growth and prosperity. Qatar has launched several initiatives and undertaken measures aimed at attracting foreign capital in all economic and commercial activities and sectors, in a bid to promote economic development and bolster investor confidence in the country.
The state is seeking to promote foreign investments, protect foreign and local investors from the risks of side agreements, limit commercial cover-ups, and improve the country’s ranking on global indicators and in terms of the ease of doing business. Foreign investors who choose to start a business in Qatar can benefit from various investment incentives that include:
- Ease of establishing companies using an online interface
- Allocation of land for the establishment of industrial projects
- Exemption from tax and customs to encourage investors
- Support and financing of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Ease of capital transfer from/into Qatar
- Allowing 100 per cent ownership of capital in many economic sectors
To view the investment incentives for investment in Qatar, please click on this link.